AMB (Automated Model Builder)
TARA - Transmission Adequacy & Reliability Assessment
AMB is a TARA add on that builds future models using a seed case and other input data.
Automated Model Builder
- Build AC-solved cases that represent future time periods
- Supports both Planning(Bus/Branch) or EMS(Nodal) models for input and output
- Incorporates load forecasts, generation outages, transmission outages, and area-to-area transactions
- Multiple methods of dispatch selection to meet scaled load
- Can use NERC SDX for source of load forecasts, outages, etc for US Eastern Interconnection LF cases.
- Various data formats are supported.
- Options available for redispatching include block dispatch, unconstrained economic dispatch, and security-constrained dispatch
- Run as a script-based automated process or through Excel-based user interface
- EMS-based AMB uses full EMS network data and historic dispatch as a basis to build future cases
Paper presented at FERC on AMB